SPACE10 is a research and design lab on a mission to enable a better everyday life for people and planet. We research and design innovative solutions to some of the major societal changes expected to affect people and our planet in the years to come.
SPACE10 is looking for a new member to join our communications team.
We are seeking someone fluent in social media and experienced in telling stories in all corners of the digital landscape. A person who is both creative and structured, digitally savvy, has a knack for visual storytelling and comes with writing skills second to none.
Storytelling is one of the cornerstones of our innovation process. We believe that there is no innovation without a great story, and we utilise storytelling to build our community, validate hypotheses, and attract the right people to advance our mission.
The job is to unfold the world and work of SPACE10 on multiple platforms through original, high-quality stories that engage people, spark discussions and inspire action. The topics can range from how to democratise access to clean energy to ethics in AI, to open-source design, to recipes on how to cook burgers using bugs for protein.
SPACE10 is a research and design lab on a mission to enable a better everyday life for people and the planet. We research and design innovative solutions to some of the major societal changes expected to affect people and our planet in the years to come.
At our core, we prioritise a collaborative approach and strive to surround ourselves with people who are smarter than us. We work with an ever-growing network of forward-thinking specialists and creatives from around the world and share all our research and ideas publicly. Alongside that, we regularly host exhibitions, talks, dinners, and screenings to engage with people, provoke imagination, diversify our perspective and advance our mission. SPACE10 is proudly supported and entirely dedicated to IKEA — working as an independent research and design lab.
Role & Responsibilities
You will work closely with a team of journalists and writers, creatives, technologists and designers as well as with external creative studios and freelancers to ensure we engage people from across the world.
The position entails three equally important responsibilities:
Be the voice of SPACE10 and nurture, engage and develop our communities on a daily basis
- Write and craft captivating stories for all corners of the digital landscape (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, newsletters, website, event descriptions etc.)
- Turn complex projects into visual, bite-sized snacks
- Brief and work with freelancers to create words and visuals, GIFs and graphics, videos and information design
- Plan, manage and publish/schedule stories for our editorial calendar to ensure a constant flow of inspiring stories on multiple channels
- Curate freelancers, create briefs, set timelines, oversee budgets and be the point of contact for internal and external partners
- Ensure all communications are aligned with our vision, values and direction
- Analyse our performance across digital channels and define actionable insights that ensure we constantly create most value and inspiration for our audience
- Implement our communications strategy and ensure we meet our key objectives
- Challenge how we do things, identify new opportunities and suggest new concepts and formats
Demonstrated Knowledge & Experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with social media
- Degree preferably in a communication-related qualification (communication, journalism, marketing or media studies)
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Experience in using analytical tools like Facebook Business Manager and scheduling tools like Buffer, Sked Social or similar
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Strong visual aesthetics
- Skilled copywriter with an editorial touch or background
- Value-driven and passionate — This is our culture
- Independent — You like to step in, take responsibility and own your decisions
- Proactive — You spot opportunities and act on them
- Creative thinking — You constantly seek to push the boundaries of storytelling
- Strong work ethic — You do your work with pride and integrity
- Strive for perfection — You refuse to accept mediocrity and attend to every detail
- Adaptable — You embrace change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Social — You have an outgoing personality and enjoy interviewing experts and creatives, participate in events etc.
- Structured — You are efficient and positive under pressure
How to Apply
- Your CV
- A letter of motivation
- Create 5 pieces of content that unfold our report The Digital in Architecture across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, utilising each of the network's unique capabilities, and reflecting your visual aesthetics and written voice
- List 3 brands or organisations who you consider best in class when it comes to storytelling in a digital age
Timeline & Contact
Application deadline: 23 February 2020 (midnight Copenhagen time)
- Interviews: 25 and 26 February 2020 from 9 am – 4 pm (remote or in-person)
- Ideal job start: 1 April 2020
Point of contact: email@example.com