SPACE10 is a research and design lab on a mission to enable a better everyday life for people and planet. We research and design innovative solutions to some of the major societal changes expected to affect people and our planet in the years to come.
You will primarily focus on driving our approach to the engagement and management of key stakeholders and business relationships. You will be the primary point of contact for a diverse range of stakeholders across the IKEA ecosystem and beyond. You will be proficient at selecting tools and methodologies that enable the SPACE10 team to easily engage and keep key stakeholders updated on progress of projects across SPACE10. Beyond this, you will also support our directors in building presentations, conducting actionable research, and translating business strategy into effective stakeholder engagement.
You are an experienced candidate comfortable operating in a start-up culture, show a flair for business innovation, grow in a climate of uncertainty, and demonstrate strengths of adaptability and autonomy. You are excited about circular and platform business models, and motivated by how business and sustainability agendas can co-exist.
SPACE10 is a research and design lab on a mission to enable a better everyday life for people and the planet. We research and design innovative solutions to some of the major societal changes expected to affect people and our planet in the years to come.
At our core, we prioritise a collaborative approach and strive to surround ourselves with people who are smarter than us. We work with an ever-growing network of forward-thinking specialists and creatives from around the world and share all our research and ideas publicly. Alongside that, we regularly host exhibitions, talks, dinners, and screenings to engage with people, provoke imagination, diversify our perspective and advance our mission. SPACE10 is proudly supported and entirely dedicated to IKEA — working as an independent research and design lab.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Strategist, you will be responsible for driving a few key project teams that are currently situated between Copenhagen and Delhi. The focus area for your role will be to continuously develop strong relations with key stakeholders to align on our overall strategic direction. This role strongly aligns with SPACE10’s mission of enabling IKEA to uncover new business opportunities above and beyond their current concept by engaging the right stakeholders on their side to anchor and support our mission.
Develop, unfold and refine our approach to stakeholder engagement
- Create processes that facilitate clear timelines, mechanisms and deliverables that meet our roadmap objectives
- Create and execute presentations, pre-reads and aligned meeting agendas
- Oversee reporting and budgets related to SPACE10’s stakeholder projects
- Coordinate all key reporting milestones and deliverables between IKEA and SPACE10
- Plan and operationalise meetings, presentations and logistical coordination of key stakeholder meetings
- Compile and synthesise all research and design insights for key meetings
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies that are changing our core business models and strategy
- Provide directors with actionable research insights relevant to our overall business strategy
- Contribute to SPACE10 projects to drive strategic alignment with SPACE10 mission and IKEA strategies
- Contribute to SPACE10 projects as, particularly those with initiatives related to sustainability and business circularity
- Responsible for driving a research or/and design project yourself
- Represent SPACE10’s work and approach at events/conferences, etc.
- Co-develop and unfold a communications and engagement strategy for IKEA co-workers
Experience working with broad range of stakeholders
- Experience working across corporate, non-profit, and innovation partners and institutions
- Critical thinking and ability to identify problems or opportunities for improvement and proactively propose and pursue solutions
- Strong English language writing skills, with an ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- First class degree in relevant field of social sciences or business
- Demonstrable interest in innovation, sustainability and design
- Great public speaker
- Professional experience in emerging markets
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter through the link below.